Friday, April 24, 2009

What I'm doing here, and why

What a segue.

But I have so many things to talk about. So many, in fact, it feels like my brain may burst clean out of my head. Alas, I will save those for later and try to channel my mission statement, in some sort of organized way, through my fingertips and to you.

I want to cook. I want to eat. And drink. I want to take pictures of it all. And I can't wait for summer produce. But most of all, I want to write. I want to write about all of those things, mostly for myself - but perhaps for the select few who want to follow along.

There is this one picture of me, in purple pajamas, sitting at my family's modest kitchen table with a lunch box. I was about eight. I was eating what I ate every day, and what I often asked for instead of dinner: a peanutbutter and jelly on white. Yes, I was one of those kids; I was as picky as they come. (In my defense, though, at least I ate the crusts. The crusts were actually my favorite part.) While I'm ashamed to say that I used to be the little girl that would sit for hours at the dinner table in protest of grilled squash or roasted carrots, I'm actually glad that I got that phase out of the way. I have successfully evolved into an eater, a non-picky one, and I still have so many different foods to taste. Let this serve as a place to document it all.

Peanutbutter and jelly still has a special place in my heart, but I hope to bring you tales of food much more exciting than the white-bread novelty that used to be my one and only food love.

Onward, then, on this food mission of mine. May all readers become a little less picky.

No comments: